One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Remember these?

Well I've meaning to put up a post about these old school commercials from past World Cups just because they were sick. From Edgar Davids to Denilson to Eric Cantona, Patrick Kluivert, Paolo Maldini, Luis Figo, Roberto Carlos and others it is great to reminisce about some of the guys that used to be the real stars of the game.

I have to say the "Au Revoir" Cantona commercial was one of the first vivid memories I have getting excited about a soccer commercial. I definitely also bought the t-shirt and it was probably my favorite shirt for like 2 years before I eventually ruined it at soccer practices.













And I bring up this point because Nike just unveiled a sick new ad for the upcoming Cup, check it out as well as these other ads:



No comments:

Post a Comment