One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Monday, May 17, 2010

Hleb's Bogus Journey


Alexander Hleb, the former Arsenal midfielder, subscribes to the theory that when you're leaving one club for another, it's best to trash your former manager.

He apparently did not enjoy Octoberfest or the fine German beer as he returns to Barcelona from a loan spell with Stuttgart in the German Bundesliga.

The Belarus international impressed initially after moving to the Bundesliga for a year, but the arrival of Christian Gross as boss was a hindrance to his own performances and he is now keen to focus on resurrecting his Barca career.

Hleb, who failed to impress in his first season at the Nou Camp before being loaned out last summer, told Bild: "I'm going back to FC Barcelona, where I have a two year contract.

"I want to go there and make the breakthrough. I want to prove to myself and everyone else that I can play at the highest level."

As for his relationship with Gross, Hleb said: "From day one he has criticised me. If I'm dribbling, he has criticised me. If I have not played the ball right back, he has criticised me. I have the feeling that everything I do is wrong."


I think it's safe to say that Hleb won't be getting a Christmas card (do Germans do those?) from Gross this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment