One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Eddie Johnson might be receiving a Christmas card from me this year


Shimer and I have taken plenty of shots at Eddie Johnson since we got this blog but the guy earned a lot of my respect tonight as he stood and answered questions for eight plus minutes while many of his teammates rushed off to their bus.

End of training camp

"Worked really hard at Princeton, we knew we'd be tired. Get the hardwork and jitters out of us before we go to South Africa."

Bouncing around Europe

"Good experience to play in Europe. Sometimes it takes players a long time, for me it's taken some time. I'm enjoying it, still loving my football. I like Europe and Greece has a good league."

What makes this World Cup different?
"Since we were young, we always heard 2010 was going to be our year."

Being back in the US national team mix

"I feel very fortunate to be part of the camp, whatever decision coach makes, I'm enjoying my soccer and happy to be a part of the US team again."

Getting back out there after a recent injury

"It was good to get a run for 45 minutes. Nursing strained calf, good to get out and get another CAP under my belt. It's not a one man sport, it's a team sport. Hopefully everything falls into place."

Playing with new teammates

"We've all played with each other at some point. We were able to get two goals, learning process."

Buddle and him

"I thought at times, Buddle and I were making the same runs and I think that was because we hadn't played together too much."

No comments:

Post a Comment