One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ireland stand above rest with crest


The other day our new writer Alan Siegel pointed out most the U.S. has one of the dubious footballing crests around the world - a statement very well taken. England as Alan also stated have an excellent crest with the three blue lions.

Spain have a crest fit for kings - fitting for a team that is atop the footballing world these days. Germany's coat of arms is the black eagle, simplistic yet looking natural.

Holland have the crowned lion, Cameroon have the indomitable lion, and I even enjoy Argentina's simple crest - even though I don't enjoy their football - because it reminds me of my old playing days for Triton Youth Soccer.

But for my money Ireland have the best footballing crest out there and their new jersey will certainly be one of the new additions to my closet as soon as it becomes available. The soccer ball design is the most original I have ever seen and a true masterpiece. This shade of green also happens to be my favorite color, and the encrusted gold outline is the perfect touch. Probably doesn't hurt that I am Irish as well, but that's another story.

Here are a few other hot jerseys and items I saw out there and after a recent positive venture down to Foxwoods, a couple will also make their way from the factory warehouse to my closet as well, including the sweet U.S. Core Hoody with the "Don't Tread On Me Logo."



No comments:

Post a Comment