One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Well that was a mess

Haha everything went downhill after I thought it was over at 1-1 through regulation time.

The penalty kicks were a blur and then I went to the Sporting press conference with Pedro Mendes, two assistants/translators then manager Paulo Sergio.

Naturally, the majority of the talking was done in Portuguese or broken English. I wanted to hear from Neil Lennon, the Celtic manager and some of his players but I had to hustle back up to the press box since I was also writing a story for my real job (the Gloucester Daily Times) and our deadline was minutes away.

Ugh. The players were only available outside as they ran to their buses so after the shitshow dealing with that following the Czech Republic vs. US game, I didn't even try.

I had an awesome time but there was simply too much going on here for one man to deal with. I need Shimer to be with me, our coverage is much better together rather than seperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment