One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Friday, July 30, 2010

Does this look like the shit-eating grin of the newest Fulham manager?


It seems like it took forever, especially with the EPL season barely two weeks away, but Fulham finally named a manager: Mark Hughes.

The former Manchester City boss also signed a two-year deal with the Cottagers.

Hughes has a tough act to follow since Roy Hodgson (now at Liverpool) led Fulham to the Europa League final in May, their best tournament finish in team history.

Furthermore, Hughes was last seen getting dumped (or sacked as the English love to say) by Manchester City in December 2009.

''I would like to welcome Mark Hughes to Fulham. I know that he understands my vision for the Club, and believes in what we want achieve,'' Fulham chairman Mohammed Al-Fayed told the Fulham website.

''We have enjoyed two incredibly successful years, and my hopes and dreams for this club are for that journey to continue. I am confident that with his Premier League and National Team successes, Mark will be a great guy for the job.''

Hughes also revealed his joy at getting the job, telling the site: ''I am happy to have joined Fulham following much speculation regarding the appointment of a new Manager. I have discussed my aspirations with both the Chairman and Alistair Mackintosh and believe that we are aligned in our aims for what can realistically be achieved here.

''I am joining on the back of two of the most successful seasons in the Club's history, and that in itself brings with it the challenges of expectation and ambition. I am confident that with some additions to the squad, hard work and commitment, we can move this Club forward in the right direction.

''I hope the Fulham fans will enjoy some special times during this season's campaign and we will work hard to achieve that. I'm looking forward to working with the squad as soon as possible, and in making sure the on-pitch preparations are complete before the first competitive ball is kicked in August.''


Personally, I will always have a real connection with Fulham since they're the EPL team I saw most when I was in London (three or four times) and they've been a revolving door for U.S. players.

One of our best and brightest-Clint Dempsey-is currently there so we'll all be paying attention to see that Hughes doesn't get into a spat with Dempsey or anything silly like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment