One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Altidore does his best Zidane impression, nobody notices


Pardon my absence for the last few days, I was a groomsman in a wedding so basically I was living on another planet for the weekend.

Catching up with the latest news in the soccer world, there was a lot of injury reports and other assorted incidents.

US striker Jozy Altidore received a red card on Saturday while playing for his club team Hull against Sunderland.

Apparently he headbutted Sunderland defender Alan Hutton, who had thrown the ball at him.

Altidore was suspended for Hull's last two games which probably doesn't even matter since they're a long shot to avoid relegation at this point.

He wrote Sunday on Twitter that he "made a stupid, immature and costly mistake," adding that "I let my emotions get the best of me and lost my composure."

His loan from Villarreal expires at the end of the season.

Altidore says that "playing for Hull was to date the best trip I've ever been on."


Hopefully this was just Altidore blowing off steam during a long and disappointing season. He needs to keep his emotions in check in South Africa if the US hopes to score any goals and pose any threat offensively. Everything will be going through him up front so he has to have his mind right.

No comments:

Post a Comment