One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Friday, June 3, 2011

Clint Dempsey press conference


Before training this afternoon, U.S. head coach Bob Bradley and Clint Dempsey sat down for a press conference in what seemed like a back room at Gillette Stadium.

Some highlights from Dempsey (the former New England Revolution star):

-He talked about playing out his contract (2 more years) at Fulham.

-He said the main focus of the U.S. is to win the Gold Cup

-He admitted to not watching the 2010 World Cup after the U.S. was knocked out. "I went back to Texas and went fishing with my dad. You might not know too that my grandfather died the day of the Ghana match."

-He said the U.S. is a tough team to breakdown, "if we're all on the same page."

-"I'm excited to win Fulham player of the year. Now I need to replicate what I did last season."

-Returning to New England: "It's great to be back, I have some great memories here. We had some really good teams. I owe a lot to MLS, this is where it all started."

-Talking about Barcelona and Spain, he said Arsenal is similar in style. Man. U found ways to win games this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment