One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stop me if you've heard this before: Oguchi Onyewu is hurt


I'm not picking on the guy since he's hurt (again) but is it fair to ask if American defender Oguchi Onyewu will ever do anything for a European club team?

His latest injury happened today with his new club FC Twente (Netherlands). Onyewu hurt his back in his third appearance for the team, in their Dutch Cup quarterfinal vs. PSV Eindhoven.

I've never been an Onyewu fan, I feel like he's been overhyped from Day 1 and a project that hasn't seemed to progress. I have nothing against the guy and as always, we want to see American players pushing themselves to play at the highest level possible but when will he stop getting so many chances? I think it's a fair question at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment