One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Reis is staying with the Revs


I've explained it a million times that I'm not an MLS fan anymore. I used to be when I was kid and I didn't realize there was a whole other (better) world of club soccer out there. Plus, I went to a bunch of games at Foxboro Stadium and Gillette Stadium when the New England Revolution were great but couldn't get over the hump and win an MLS Cup.

That pointless introduction was to segue to the news that Revs goalkeeper Matt Reis signed a new contract with the team.

Reis has set team records for games by a goalkeeper (188), wins (75), saves (757) and shutouts (50). He appeared in 14 games last season, after being sidelined until June following preseason shoulder and knee operations. He then had a season-ending ankle injury in October.

The 35-year-old has made two appearances with the U.S. national team, in exhibition wins over Canada in 2006 and Denmark the following year.


I wish him good luck and health and better results for the Revolution next year (I paid just enough attention last season to know that they were awful).

No comments:

Post a Comment