One nation under Jurgen Klinsmann with dreams of goals for all



Got a tip. comment, criticism, idea, or suggestion email us at redwhiteandbluearmy@gmail.com

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Gareth Bale Signs A 4-Year Extension With Tottenham


Great news for Tottenham and English Premier League fans today as Welsh midfielder Gareth Bale signed a four-year extension to stay at White Hart Lane until 2016.

The 22-year-old (who turns 23 in July) had been rumored to be coveted by Barcelona but in the end, he stayed loyal to the club he's played at for the last five years of his life.

"I've been here for five years now and I've enjoyed every minute. The fans have been great to me and I'd love to re-pay them and do the very best for them. The club is progressing and I want to be a part of that, so it was great to get the deal done.

"I love the club and the fans and I want to play my part in trying to get us back into the Champions League - where we belong. We've a good, young squad and we need to work together to get back on the biggest stage again.

"Everyone gets along and we've got the potential to challenge right at the top of the Premier League. It's exciting times at the club and I'm enjoying it. I don't see any reason to leave.

"I just know I'm improving, I know I'm getting better and my aim is to be as good as I can be. I'm still young, 22, still learning and this is the right place for me to keep progressing as a player. This is the perfect place to do that. Last season I was getting double and treble-marked on the wing, so I was able to come inside and score a few goals in more central areas. Now it's a case of mixing it all up and putting my whole game together.

"Hopefully I'll score more goals next season. I did quite well with my assists last season but I'd like to improve that as well. I'm looking at my all-round game, trying new things and trying to be the best player I can be."


Last season, he had nine goals and 10 assists in 36 Premier League games for Tottenham. He added two goals and four assists in five FA Cup games along with a goal in one Europa game.

He's easily one of my favorite players to watch since he's nothing short of electric when he goes bombing down usually the left side (since he's left footed). I have no problem with La Liga or Barcelona but I'm happy that he'll stay in the EPL since that's the European league that I follow and have the most knowledge about.







No comments:

Post a Comment